Sunday, September 30, 2012

Clermont, HERE I COME!


 What's the fastest, most competitive, amateur DRAFT LEGAL triathlon around? Clermont.

Last month, Kyle instilled this crazy idea in my head to race a draft-legal triathlon. Thus the journey to the Clermont Draft Legal Challenge began. This is an elite developmental race, meant for athletes under 25. The top 3 females earn their elite license.

Unfortunately, I turn 26 a month before the race, which means throughout 2013 I race as a 26 year old. Until this realization, I have NEVER felt old. But analyzing the 2012 race results has made me feel like an aged woman trying to hang with fresh young talent... Ages of the 2012 winners: 16, 17, 17. Humbling.

Last year, there were a few females in their (early-mid) 20's, a couple in their 30's, and a 40 year-old who raced. SO, I emailed the RD with my racing resume to see how I could get in. He gave me the contact information to the USAT Elite Developmental and College Recruitment officer. I was asked why I wanted to race in Clermont, How I would prepare for this race, and How I could promote the sport of draft-legal triathlons... After carefully answering, I was cleared to race!

The RD gave me special instructions on registering... As of 11:14 a.m., I am officially registered! Let the SERIOUS training begin... Clermont, here I come! (March 10, 2013 is quickly approaching... and I NEED A BIKE)

No comments:

Post a Comment